Sierra Wireless FX30 Programmable IoT Gateway
Setting a new standard for IoT Embedded Platforms
The Sierra Wireless FX30 LTE Cat M1/NB-IoT modem (or the LTE/3G variant) is an industry leading, small, rugged and programmable cellular gateway. It provides an integrated, secure embedded application environment, tightly integrated with the cloud, that enables swift, scalable and global deployments of IoT applications for any connected machine or infrastructure. The FX30 ships with OctaveTM, Sierra Wireless’s edge-to-cloud solution for connecting industrial assets to the cloud. Octave helps industrial companies scale from proof of concept to commercial deployment more easily than ever by letting them securely extract and orchestrate data from industrial equipment to cloud infrastructure, all while efficiently managing their connected machines.
- Highly Programmable: Enables secure Linux-based embedded application environment to build efficient IoT systems.
- Ships with Octave edge-to-cloud solution to accelerate time to market.
- Small & Rugged: Purpose-built to fit into machines and infrastructure equipment, and meets harsh industrial environmental requirements.
- Global & Scalable: Reach the global 3G/2G market with a single product, and scale to LTE with full hardware and software compatibility.
- Extensible: Comprehensive built-in interfaces to connect easily to any system, plus flexible hardware expansion with IoT Connector.
- Managed: Free unlimited firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) services using AirVantage® IoT Platform.
|FX30 LTE-M Global||LTE Cat-M1/NB1, 2G||Ethernet, USB, 3 I/Os, GNSS, IOT Connector||Legato® Open Source Linux||Technical Resources|
|FX30S Serial LTE-M Global||LTE Cat-M1/NB1, 2G||Serial (RS232, RS485), USB, 3 I/Os, GNSS, IOT Connector||Legato® Open Source Linux||Technical Resources|
|FX30 LTE EMEA||LTE Cat-1, 3G HSPA+, 2G||Ethernet, USB, 3 I/Os, GNSS, IOT Connector||Legato® Open Source Linux||Technical Resources|
|FX30 3G Global||3G HSPA+, 2G||Ethernet, USB, 3 I/Os, GNSS, IOT Connector||Legato® Open Source Linux||Technical Resources|
|FX30 Serial 3G Global||3G HSPA+, 2G||Serial (RS232, RS485), USB, 3 I/Os, GNSS, IOT Connector||Legato® Open Source Linux||Technical Resources|
The Python runtime has been built to address the following:
- Standard Python3 with most popular modules supported. User can develop on PC with familiar Python environment.
- The runtime is wrapped as standard Legato application installer – no need to rebuild Linux or customize firmware.
- The runtime comes with a connection manager(wrapped as a separate Legato app called connManager) which handles wireless network attachment.
The hardware listed below are supported currently,